Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 8

Joy posting here. Kids are working on building a tent/ reading nook in their bedroom and I'm sitting out on the front porch watching the clouds roll by. This is my favorite time of day, without a/c, it is my only reprieve from the heat. Today was very relaxing, we haven't done much other than read and sleep and eat. I tried a new recipe today - coconut banana pudding - sounded better than it turned out- which was much more soupy than puddingy.

The bump behind Luci's ear is nothing, apparently it's a swollen gland responding to all the bug bites he's received despite my bug spray administering diligence, they are relentless.

Ava forgot to mention yesterday that while we were at the beach she also saw a sting ray and met Jackie Joyner-Kersey's (sp?) coach. There was a group on the beach from St. Louis dancing to Motown having a good 'ol time- everyone takes an immediate liking to the kids- they make fast friends everywhere they go.

I'll do my best to upload some pics and maybe even some video's but the internet connection is painfully slow I can barely check email before timing out. What's really funny is that the box the internet modem came in says, "faster than you want" - Jamaican advertising is laughable...

1 comment:

  1. The beach looks inviting. Sounds like the kids are having fun. The heat and bugs...no so much fun. Thank goodness for the water I imagine. Glad to hear all is well and you are relaxing and enjoying your time together. Hopefully you don't have any critical "online" things to do! I guess we are spoiled and always want the internet to go faster. We are an impatient bunch. Hot and steamy here with threat of showers everyday. Joe is here visiting GGma. Robert and Celie come next Tues for 3 weeks. Gram wants to plan a picnic and also take them to the Lake. We have Page family reunion and Patty's 50th in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to that too. Well, off to work I go. Take care. Love you. XOXOXOXOXO Mom

    ReplyDelete